• Welcome to EnForums.com - A community for passionate English learners. If you are passionate about English, you have come to the right place, please register to participate.

Is it possible to learn English language at home

paul

Many may have the same question and don't want to spend money paying to a teacher to learn the language. But it depends on the dedication. One can take help of YouTube. There are couple of channels on it that teaches English for free. I had earlier come across few and found those good enough.

Goku99821

Watching movies is a good place to start as you can understand what the words mean by the corresponding act or you can use subtitles (but make sure you concentrate on the English terminology).

Liam

It's very possible. My wife is Russian and I am an American. When we married 10 years ago, I knew nothing about the Russian language. Absolutely nothing. So when we married we agreed that she would only speak English.

Bode

Yes I have become fluent in Flemish by just speaking it at home with my mother, who is Belgian.

Bowie

Yes, how did you learn English? You learnt it from being immersed as a kid, just immerse your self in Arabic (with your mom) and you will pick it up. It would help you out if you learnt to read too.

Rafiki

Yeah absolutely! Just do it every day or every other day and whatever method you pick to learn you'll see results!

Angie

Yes, you can learn it by practicing it. Read books, speak it, watch movies and videos. I do agree that youtube will also help. If you have the desire, you can learn it.

mamaska

You can improve your English at home. Just work patiently.

My only advice: Don't try to memorize the words. Work with word groups.