• Welcome to EnForums.com - A community for passionate English learners. If you are passionate about English, you have come to the right place, please register to participate.

How I improved my English

paul

During my school days I always had wished to speak and write better than my classmates. I achieved my goal to a great extent but had to go ahead with extra efforts. Apart from my school books I started reading magazines and newspapers on daily basis. Started watching English movies and news channels. Started talking to friends only in English.

newlife2020

Admin
I'm like you, but I rarely speak English. I read and write English every day, almost all my books are in English, I watch lots of YouTube videos.

Liam

The best way is to practice: Talk to other people who speak English--preferably native-English speakers.Basically, YOU have to talk, to speak, to improve your English.

Alex

Read lots of English books and speak English in every opportunity you get. You could even write your own spelling tests etc. And remember practice makes perfect !! ;-)

Zirkon Kalti

You can improve English by reading English stories. As beginner, you can start with reading short fairy tales. They are downloadable in PDF format for reading offline from Gutenberg website.

Bode

1Speak English with people.
2. Watch English TV programmes.
3. Listen to English radio channels.
4. Hang out where people speak English a lot and just listen to them speak.

Saint

1. Practice with your daily life though with mistakes
2. Try to talk as much as you can
3. Look up telly program in English
4. Listen to English program on radio

Bowie

Watching english movies and reading books is good but you should hire english tutor

Kylo

Watch British films and imitate how the characters talk. The British are very proper- well, at least to Americans they are.

Rafiki

Yeah as tons of people here have said I'd suggest having a look a British movies and shows. Things like "Young Offenders" would be really good if you're into that type of tv program because I don't 100% agree with Kyo a lot of born and bred Brits I could imagine might be very hard to understand for someone learning English. We use a lot of slang and don't say many words correctly so watching certain British shows or movies (Snatch is a good movie to check out) might prepare you for all the funky accents you'll find in the UK.